Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Trekking and selfcatering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> General Country Info + Camping and Places to Stay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hilko
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Trekking and selfcatering Reply with quote

After 1 week in the spring this Year at the oman dive centre, we both knew it, we come back to Oman! Only this time we wanted to explore Oman on our own. This christmas holiday's we come back Thanks to the books Oman offroad and Trekking Oman we planned a trip. We booked a 4*4 and will bring our camping equipment. (done this also in Africa, Maroc and iceland)

On 1 question I can't find a answer. Are there outside Muscat supermarkts which are usefull for ""European self-caterers""? Or do we have to stock up in Muscat?

I'm looking forward for your answer!

Hilko Hanswijk
Vianen The Netherlands
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Supermarkets Reply with quote

Hiya

You'll find supermarkets of a sort out of the capital but the stock is very limited - frozen food, tins, packets bread etc.. plus water and drinks...

Some places have slightly better ones than others but if you want a choice it is better to stock up in muscat with the stuff you know and recognise,... then pick up fruit / Veg / Bread / Water on your travels..

Hope it helps,

Tony.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> General Country Info + Camping and Places to Stay All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: