Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Surf Ski`s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Kayaking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cols110
Active Activist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Surf Ski`s Reply with quote

G`day all, hows things.

Glad to see there are a few active paddlers kicking around in Oman, this post is just a bit of an intro and might interest a few of you who might be interested in paddling Surf Ski`s. I know there are a few of them in Oman.

I am living in Dubai and we have a pretty active Surf Ski club here and usually have a race of some sort once a month and a social club paddle early most Friday mornings, we also have a 25km race up in Musandam from Khasab around Telegraph Island normally in early November and then our big international race the Shamal in December. If any of you are in Dubai for any reason drop on in, we do not really have any club boats but all being well we should be able to find something to get you out on the water for a paddle, it would probably pay to let us know in advance so we can try to make sure we have something lined up before you come.

Conversly if you have any races going in Muscat or have enough interest for someone to organise one please let us know as there would be quite a few people interested in coming down there for the weekend.

A couple of months ago I spent 10 days driving the coast road from Muscat to Salalah and you have some fantastic places to paddle down there, I would have loved to have taken my Ski but with some of the roads we drove on down that way as well as a Wahiba crossing I am sure I would have destroyed my Ski on the roof rack. But if I get the chance to do it again I will try to stick on the main roads as I would have loved to have paddled around Ras Al Had, Ras Madrakah and in Salalah.

Hope to see some of you out on the water either here in Dubai or down in Oman.

Col
cols110
Active Activist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of links that might also interst you.

One is a link to our clubs website and also to Surfski.info which is the main international Surf Ski website.

http://www.dskc.net/about_dskc.asp
http://www.surfski.info/content/view/739/147/

There is also an Epic and a Fenn agent in Dubai if anyone is after a Ski or a paddle, and from time to time there are a few second hand boats coming onto the market as well which are usually advertised on the club website.
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Glad you found it... Reply with quote

Hiya

Glad you found us - if you don't mind being joined by some of us in plastic sea kayaks and sit on tops then I'm sure there are plenty of us around who will join you in a paddle one way or another....

Took the Dhow out to Telegraph island when we visited it earlier this year would love to paddle it.. only got the chance to paddle out of the bay at... oh darn.. name escapes me - only bbeach accessible by land....... anyway - great place spent hours with sharks, turtles, manta rays etc...

Keep in touch, TonyR.

Tomz
Active Activist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

The DSKC club in Dubai is very active and that would be very nice to have such thing in Muscat. At the moment I didn't see anyone else but me paddling a ski here. So, if some peoples are interested in tryin' a surf-ski in Muscat, I have a boat and i am keen to provide an introduction to anyone.

Surf-skis are fast, they take off on any small wave and keep surfing, that is a very unique sensation. With the amazing coastline we have in Oman, that makes a perfect combination.

Cheers.
Thomas
cols110
Active Activist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony let me know when you up our way next and I`ll try to get you out for a paddle, not seen you much on the ME4x4 site, are you still getting out and about a bit in your Disco.

Thomas hows the Mako 6 treating you mate, I hope you hav`nt had any problems with it, glad to hear your getting some use out of it down your way, you certainly have the right coast line for it. I am going to try and organise a race from Dibba beach in October if your interested it is closer than coming all the way to Dubai. Otherwise it would be great to catch you up here for the Shamal or in Musandam.
Tomz
Active Activist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colin,

The ski and me go along very well ! He sometimes try to kick me out but i manage to keep him quiet.

I'll be coming in Dibba for sure, send me the details by mail or is it online already ?

See you !
Thomas
sunburn
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I've been on the forum before regarding my whitewater boat and surfing but I am thinking of getting into the surf ski for some more versatility and cruising / exercise options.

I checked out the site for Dubai and it looks like they are having a blast up there! I would love to buy the gear - one option is having Wayne build one ?? Do you have his contact or can you tell me how it works to arrange the job?

mike

you could send a msg to ison.mike@gmail.com

cols110
Active Activist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G`day Mike, I not sure about building a ski, but we have Fenn and Epic agents here, come up to Dubai for a weekend and we will get you into a ski so you can see what it is all about.

New ski`s range in price from approx 5000-12500aed, the lower price being fibreglass and the higher price being carbon fibre.

Contacts:

Ian Kingon (Epic) ian.kingon@gmail.com 00971 506546116
Rob Klok (Fenn) roblindy@emirates.net.ae 00971 504507361

If you need more info email me direct, my email adress should be in my user profile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Kayaking All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: