Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Kiteboarding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Kite Surfing - General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
friesenl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Kiteboarding Reply with quote

I have just learned the basics of kiteboarding at an IKO school, but need to get out with others to practice and learn to get up on the board. Could use a little hand with launching etc. I also would like to know where to go here in Oman and what the wind conditions are like. Any suggestions would be great. Want to get hooked up with the kiting community to meet others and continue to learn.
ForumManager
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Welcome... Reply with quote

Hiya welcome...

Take a look on the home page - follow the instructions for Sprots.. Kiting... There is a map there on where to head in the capital area...

You best bet for meeetingf people is to PM or email Larry on the forum - take a look at the other messages and follow the link to his info...

Good luck - if you don't have any joy - PM me and I'll try to get you some phone numbers...

Tony.
Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

Tony, sorry I haven't had time to put somthing to gether to infor more people but will do one of these days. Maybe I should put together some thing here as people come here first it seems.

Larry
egor
Active Activist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: where are you to Reply with quote

hi mate just wondered where you were based at as i am near muscat in seeb and when it is windy i am normally at the beach in seeb by the wave centre which is being built drop a message if you are planning if it is windy tomorrow i will be there come and say hi you wont miss me i am the big lad
Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egor

ya we saw your kite in the air last week, we are a little up the beach from you at athazaba, by a clothing factory. The reason we go there is that some times the wind is a bit stronger there and a few less people. It's always safer to kite with others anyways. Come join us!
egor
Active Activist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: new place Reply with quote

hi larry that would be cool is this beach nearer muscat or away towards seeb. can you get to it if you only have a normal car some more directions would be cool. went out on the water taday a bit of fun but nothing really any good just some walking back upwind so at least i got wet. cheers guys

egor
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Directions.... Reply with quote

http://www.omanclimbing.com/Resources/MuscatBeachLocation.jpg

They normally meet at NUMBER 1

the directions in are from the Grand Mosque/Ghala Roundabout (Highway Exit) it's further down towards Muscat (but not far) from where you have been going at the moment...

Hope it helps, Tony.

Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't need a 4X4

It's right beside the Azathaba clothing factory. You should be able to see the kites in the air when you get close.

If you are on the coast road heading to Muscat you take the second round about (left). The street quickly T's and you make a quick right and then a left into an empty lot. Park on the solid stuff as most people get stuck in the sand with cars.

See you soon
L
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Kite Surfing - General Chat All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: