Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Who you are ?!?!? - Introduce yourselves...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorna
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

hi, I'm a botanist in edinburgh. been working in oman for about 6 months now and i really need to get out more! i enjoy walking so would be interested in hiking. i have zero experience in adventure sports but i'd like to learn to climb if anyone's willing to teach?

Lorna
feldmichl
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the new members! Reply with quote

Hi, I am the forum admin and like to welcome all the new members, also a big hello to the Dhofari group of trekkers!
Regarding the interest to learn climbing, we unfortunately dont have Nasim in the country anymore, she offered climbing courses recently but left for greener pastures. I suggest to join the local community on a trekking tour first, this in turn may also lead to the necessary contacts.
There is a trek announced for coming Friday the 29th Apr. in our OMC section.
Have a good time!
Reinhard

motakalim
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hay

i am said shukri from alhamra, i am wokring in PDO. i am new in climbing but have very deep passion for climbing since i was young. nice to be in your group

i would like to know you all and learn from your experience

thanks
ErinHall
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Hello everyone Reply with quote

Hello all,

My name is Erin, I am a kiwi but have lived in Oman longer then NZ. I work at Outward Bound Oman.
This year I am looking to get into a lot of climbing along with a colleague of mine, our desire is to get a rock climbing instructors qualification Very Happy.
Miriup
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm Dirk. I have been living in Dubai for 6 years. I have been hiking/trekking mainly around the UAE and a few times in Oman in the Nizwa area.

With a climbing experienced friend coming over in spring 2011 I'll do hopefully the Jebel Shams via ferrata that I have been standing in December 2007 before and shied away. Wink

Dirk.
Simon
Active Activist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm Simon and I live in Paris. I love hikking in the world, Nepal, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Iceland, Patagonia... Very Happy
In December, I'm leaving for two weeks in Oman for to cross the Hajar.
I hope you can help me in my preparation

Simon
(Sorry for my English Sad )

bcrob
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, my name is Ben Robinson. I'm a Masters student visiting my parents in Muscat this christmas so hoping to meet some people while I'm out here.

Ben
hughze
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: New member Reply with quote

Hi im steve

i am an aircraft engineer and have been in muscat for a couple of months. i havnt climbed for a couple of years but am really looking forward to getting back into it again.
have previously only climbed top rope but keen to learn to lead once i get a feel for climbing again.
hope to see you out there soon Wink
williamsd79
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i'm Dylan,

Over in Oman working for the next 3 months, back to the UK in July. Looking to meet people to go out climbing with. Have equipment for 2 people to climb any Sport routes out here (60m rope, 14 quick draws, slings 120 and 240, chalk, 2 harnesses, 2 belay devices, Krabs). Been climbing now for nearly a year and happy leading F6a+ but looking to push my grade, competent belayer. Also looking at doing a bit of DWS (been told there's quite a bit around the Dive Centre) and also some bouldering, possibly a few visit to the indoor wall. Give me a shout if you fancy getting out there and clipping some bolts.

Look forward to hear from you

Mobile 92571696
mcrtchly
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm Martin (and Sharron as well!) from Wicklow (near Dublin) Ireland. We visited Oman for the first time last month and fell in love with the place and all the outdoor activities. So much in fact that we will be back in early May for more (before some business appointments in Abu Dhabi and Dubai).

I have some specific questions which I'll post soon.
ahmed jabri
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

This is Ahmed AL Jabri working for SQU (Sultan Qaboos University) doing paper work during the week, then on Wed at 2:30 I switch my mood and enjoy my weekend somewhere in a mountain, wadi, or just relaxing on beach sand. I do hiking, bouldering and climbing. I set my own website bringing together all my trips photos.
Hamza
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahmed jabri wrote:
Hi all

This is Ahmed AL Jabri working for SQU (Sultan Qaboos University) doing paper work during the week, then on Wed at 2:30 I switch my mood and enjoy my weekend somewhere in a mountain, wadi, or just relaxing on beach sand. I do hiking, bouldering and climbing. I set my own website bringing together all my trips photos.

Hey Ahmed, I am in the same sort of activities and work for SQU too. Can you post the URL address of your website.
Cheers
Hamza
mun
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

My Name is Muntadhar Al Lawati (Age 28 )
Working at Vision Investment Services.

I'm glad to join to you all, and looking forward to do some activity together
PeterT
Active Activist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name's Peter. My wife and I have just moved to Nizwa and will be here for a year at least. Working at Nizwa College of Applied Sciences. Looking to get out climbing regularly, (and walking and scrambling for that matter!). Only have harness, shoes and belay here at the moment, but planning to improve that situation one way or the other!

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Peter
anton.antonism
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Name is Anton Russel. With a passion for nature friendly exploration trips and environmental related studies to develop awareness about the need for preservation of nature, we all tend to meet at the right time in this country.

Ready for any journey on legs(preferred) or on motors if needed and with a background of trekking in the himalayas and australia,i am sure Oman should be possessing a greater challenge.

Glad too see a group sharing the same tastes like I do and since I am new to this country,I would definitely be looking forward for some memorable days during my assignment in this wonderful desert.

Rest of the information shall follow actions if that would be fine.

Are we good now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: