Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Who you are ?!?!? - Introduce yourselves...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balaji
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Folks,

Its been a while since I last went climbing. But now that my kids are old enough to carry a small back-pack, I want to initiate them in to the wonderful world of climbing.

Almost all our short holidays in the last two odd years have been spent exploring the tracks in the Hazar Mountains. Makes a lot of sence to get away from it all (in Dubai) in my trusty LC.

We will poking around the Jebal Shams area during the upcoming Eid Holidays.

Lookforward to restart climbing, this time with kids and a set of new buddies.

Cheers

Balaji
Fe57
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
my name is Simon and I am living in Northern Spain.
I have been climbing for over 20 years.
I am into mountain biking and some surfing recently (my son doesn't like climbing).
I am putting up some new bolted routes (steep with pockets) with some spare time, in craggs close to my house (I escape home when all are asleep and come home an hour before lunch- hoping nobody notices).
I Iam seeking a Job in your part of the world so I have been looking at this excellent website.
best wishes
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Welcome... Reply with quote

welcome to the forum - hope you find something useful here and also feel free to ask about companies/jobs etc you never know what people can put you in touch with....

Tony.

thelion
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Planning on moving to Oman Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new on the forum, been climbing for a couple of years (albeit quite randomly lately), and currently located in Finland.

I'm actually looking for a job in Oman to be able to move there with my partner (she's also a climber). I'd be really happy if you guys could give any tips for jobs/companies/sites etc. to check (I already have the URLs for Aljazeerajobs, Gulftalent, Monstergulf and Eutopiaonline).

What I'd like to do would be a managerial or a senior position in businesses related to creative, Internet, ITC, software, digital or design fields, as well as teaching anything that's related to my competences. If further (professional) information would be useful, I've got a CV and a portfolio online but the system doesn't allow me to post links yet Confused ...

OK, got to go packing the gear for tomorrow's ice climbing trip - I bet there's not too many opportunities for that in Oman Wink

Leo
thelion
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Planning on moving to Oman Reply with quote

... and the link to my CV/portfolio site is http://hengahda.net/

Smile L.
Becky E
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Becky.

My family lived in Oman when I was a kid in the '80s. Since then I've grown up and discovered climbing. We haven't been back to Oman since we left in 1989, but are planning a trip in March 2010. We'd love to include some climbing and I got quite excited when I discovered this website! Hope you can help point us in the right direction to make the most of our trip.

Becky.
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Backe_E Reply with quote

Welcome.....

I know that you will find lots of useful info here... I won't be around in 2010 but I know most others will be,.,,,, give me aan email on asrobson1AThotmail.com or SMS on 92598502 (upto june 9th) if you need and help organizing.... can at least put you in touch with others....

take it easy....

Tony.

NB: Sheffield... wow... miss that part of the world.,....

Chindit76
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either it's been very quiet on this forum of late or people haven't been reading that section in the "Registration Requirements" thread that says not posting an introduction will result in being kicked off the forum...

Meh...

Anyway, my name is Ben Reeves - a name that will certainly be familiar to some of the Monday Hikers and will hopefully be familiar to readers of TheWeek or OmanToday. As well as being a not especially good hiker, I am also a journalist and, when the mood takes me, not a bad photographer.

Unfortunately, as stated, I'm not especially fit. To be accurate, as I'll tell anyone who listens long enough, I can go for miles on the flat and downhill, but uphill climbs wear me out too quickly. Not ideal, in Oman, I realise. Still, half-killing myself with exhaustion and dehydration sure beats sitting around doing nothing.

Ben.
Rikstir
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: intro Reply with quote

Whats up peeps,

I'm more used to snow, ice and crampons, but I reckon I can remember some of the techniques for rock. Just keen to know where the best locales are for bouldering so I can get my eye back in.

catch you all around.
husoon
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: MARHABA Reply with quote

Hi all,

I live in As-Seeb. I like trekking and I hope that I`ll meet new ppl to explore new places,

Mohsin.
SarahD
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm Sarah and I'm living in Ibra. I'm into hiking, mountain biking, easy rock-climbing and I'll give (almost) anything a try. I've only been here a month, I have my mountain bike with me, but am still waiting for climbing gear to arrive. I don't have transport yet, but am working on that!

I used to spend almost every weekend in Wadi Bih (10 years ago) so am familiar with the RAK crew from then.

Would like to meet up with people and have some adventures!

Sarah
chronicent
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.. My name is Sam.
I am the marketing Manager of a leading company in UK.
I have planned a vacation in Oman this month Very Happy

Shanshooka
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Intro Banter Reply with quote

I'm an American living presently in Cairo, Egypt, (much too far from the mountains) on vacation here in Oman for a little while. I've already been very impressed with the landscape in this country, that of which I've seen, compared to most other Middle Eastern countries. I'm hoping to find some people and get into the wilderness a bit, specifically with a rope and harness.

Just as a little pitch...for those of you who enjoy trekking, diving, snorkeling, para sailing and trad climbing, you need to make a trip to Egypt while you're in the region. The Sinai's got some great stuff.

I won't be in the region to long, so do get in touch with me soon. Hopefully I can come back in the future!

Shannon
sphery
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: This is Fred Reply with quote

Hi there,
I'm Fred coming from south-west of France (Bordeaux). I'm 37 years old
I'll be in Oman in few days for vacation.
I'll meet a french friend of mine who's living at Muscat for 2 years in aeronautics.
Aeronautics is one of my interests as I have licences of Glider, freefall,
powered engine paraglider and paraglide.
Talk to you soon
Fred
techtreker
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all// i am techtreker...i love mountain climbing. we have a small group which recently we just started trekking around dhofar region.
cheers this group
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: