Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Who you are ?!?!? - Introduce yourselves...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForumManager
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Who you are ?!?!? - Introduce yourselves... Reply with quote

I guess being listed as Founder I should say who I am....

The name is Tony Robson... I'm a teacher out at the Sultan's school and... I'll leave it there for now... Add a reply and introduce yourself once you have registered...

Tony.

Last edited by ForumManager on Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Vincent
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea to open this website Tony!

Hi I'm Vincent. I'm a geologist at PDO. I love sport climbing and bouldering. To me there is no such thing as too many bolts! Cool
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Just to confuse.... Reply with quote

I'll be listed as TonyR not founder from now on....

Happy climbing and WHO ARE YOU?

Ross
Active Activist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Ross and I'm a climboholic. Have been climbing for 13 years and am up for anything really, trad, sport or bouldering. Had done 7a sport, 6c+ trad, 6000m hills, A3 multi-day aid...in them good ole days. Wrote 1 climbing guidebook (Perth, Australia). Have all the gear and hundreds of slides (don't ask). Climbing enthusiasm/ability now tempered by 2 kids and fear of wife.
Tufan
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm Tufan and working for Nawras.

Thanks&Regards,
Joost
Active Activist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: About Joost Reply with quote

My name is Joost, I work for Fugro Middle East, Land Survey Division.

In Muscat for two years now. Like climbing and mountaineering, prefer cold above heat, prefer ice and snow above sand... but are definitly enjoying the sharp lime stone rocks of the Hajar Mountains.

Regards,

Joost
clickencarabiner
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: CLICKENCARABINER Here! Reply with quote

Clickencarabiner here! My wife knows me as the " Top Rope Master". Anyway my legal name is Ben. Just moved to Oman with my wife Laurie. Working at the Fire Safety Eng. College near the airport. We spent the last three years living and better yet climbing in Thailand and China. Thus far have climbed at the Five O'clock Wall and also in Balad Seet or the " Meat Grinder Crag" . If anyones up for blood donations at Balad Seet we'd love to head back before it's too hot!

Much peace,

Ben and Laurie
tobyfk
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am a fairly frequent visitor to Oman from the UAE. Kim and Bill, who I serendipitously met at La Gorgette a couple of months ago, alerted me to this site. Great idea.

My experiences of climbing in Oman so far have been: a couple of sessions at La Gorgette; venturing a few rope-lengths up the French Pillar on Jebel Misht; and a little bouldering on the beach below the Crowne Plaza hotel. I am keen to explore more.

Over here I climb often at Wonderwall near Al Ain (technically in Oman in fact, though our side of the border posts) and am assembling an on-line topo guide for the sport climbs there - see my profile. I also climb occasionally up in Ras Al Khaimah at Wadi Bih and elsewhere. I am fairly confident I know all the active climbers in the UAE. If anyone has a question about climbing in the UAE, I probably know the answer or who to ask.

Toby
Jimbo
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I am Jim from RAK/UAE. I got the address from Joost this weekend as we came down to do the Majilis. It was great fun. You guys are real lucky to have such nice sites. I am into climbing and mountaineering.
Planning on coming back to do the Snake Gorge and BK Via Ferratta in a couple of weeks, they look awesome.

BTW I am an outfitter here, distributor for Beal ropes, Black Diamond, LaSportiva for shoes and Expression for holds and I also deal for Petzl, so if you need anything, drop me a line.

Ski
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Ski - New Climbing Member Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm Ski, been in Oman for the last 8 months and heard about the website from Joost last weekend. I work in MAM as a Comms Adviser to SAF Signals, on loan from the British Army.

I come from a trad climbing background in the Uk (Summer and Winter) and some Alpine Summers.

However, the days of climbing 3 times a week are long gone - family + kids etc.

Keen to get back into my climbing and also getting out on the water - Seakayaking, have an old 18" NordKapp HM if anybody is also interested in paddling.

All the best, look forward to seeing you on the rock face.

Ski Sharp
GSM: 99277036

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.. And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear is gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
feldmichl
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruess di,
My name is Reinhard, I work mainly on contracts for the ministry of tourism (mountain sport studies, cave studies, installation of Via Ferrate, maps and guides, trekking path marking and renovation,...) any requests or suggestions there - I may be able to help. > www.trekkingoman.com <http://www.trekkingoman.com> > development
I have some years of intensive climbing and mountaineering skiing in Austria, Italy. Slovenia and Norway, but that was back in my younger days Wink
Nowadays I do more trekking, cat-sailing (Dubai - Muscat), "Vie ferrate" and want to fly paraglider again. See my call for para-pilots in the Paraglider forum.

Last edited by feldmichl on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
emillar
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been to Muscat once....i enjoy long hike.. i hoping to have work in oman
and leave Dubai... & enjoy outdoor...

Thanks

Emill
kimbill
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are Kim and Bill. We teach at Sultan Qaboos University, but climb or hike most weekends when it isn't too hot.
Khalid_Abdulla
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,
My name is Khalid. I'm a student at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland and am coming to Oman for most of July and August for a summer placement job with IAESTE. I've done a fair bit of indoor climbing a small amount of outdoor rock-climbing and lots of hiking (summer & winter).

It'd be great to be able to meet up with some of you guys when I get to Oman and I'd be open for any suggestions of exciting activities I can get up to at this time of year when it is SOO hot. Given that most of my experience is from mountaineering in the Scottish highlands.... being too cold and wet, not too hot, is usually my concern!

- Khalid.
Zahir
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there..
My name is Zahir. I am an Omani working for PDO as a Supply Chain Analyst.
I love most of the activities related to the sea such as fishing, diving, snorkeling & recently kite surfing. I once caught a tuna fish that was heavier than my weight, 75KG!

I am also into camping & keen into learning new outdoor activities.

catch you around..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: