Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Regional Adventure Sport Insurance coverage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbo
Super active activist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Regional Adventure Sport Insurance coverage Reply with quote

Dear All,

A painful topic but one that is important, even for those who think they are immortal and that any form of rescue service if unwarranted.

It seems BUPA offers medical coverage for extreme sports users in the region. This is not just an insurance policy for inbound travellers but genuine insurance for people living here and doing MTB, paragliding, climbing etc. If you're interested just let me know and or email Johnw@lifecareinternational.com and he will tell you more about it. Always good to know you'll be covered.

6upXC
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Jimbo.

Definitely worth following up.

Another consideration regarding insurance is third party cover. I guess the link you posted relates specifically to personal medical insurance which is very important but also for those of us whose extreme sport can have a serious effect on other people (trainees, general public, private property) then third party cover is essential.
I posted a link recently in the paragliding section which gives details of a company providing both personal AND third party cover anywhere in the world. Obviously it won't solve everyones problems but it's worth bearing in mind.
http://omanclimbing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98

Blue skies
Chris
Jimbo
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris
Didn't see your post but will go through it. As far as what I wrote above, yes it relates to medical coverage - paragliding and extreme sports are all included (except professional motorsport rallying) which is good to know as I've been trying for ways to get that for people around here. Usually in Europe you have a Federation which negociates the whole package with insurance companies and then offers an attractive deal to members. Not always possible to have a federation/club here to do the legwork for people.
Good on you mate, just checked the site - perfect if you're into flying/gliding.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: