Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Welcome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Kite Surfing - General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForumManager
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

A quick hello to the Kite surfers out there, I hope you can make the most of the forum.... let me know of any changes you need etc..

Tony.
Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony thanks

As soon as I get around to it I'll send you some info that will need to stay at the top of the forum or I can send it to you in HTML and it can be a perminate link, which ever works better.

Larry
vinast
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool forum, exactly what the kiters in Oman & coming to Oman need.
Looks familiar, so easy to use.

C u out there,

Vincent.
Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony

Perhapes we could have another section for items for sale. Also the section should just be called surfing not board surfing.

Thanks again
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Some changes... Reply with quote

Hiya folks, I've changed the name, corrected my bad spelling and added 'for sale' into the topic section on news etc....

Glad you found and I hope you find it useful...

If you want to post some info larry, you are now the moderator for the group so you can post an item and make it sticky so it remains at the top... OR if you prefer I can add it to the general pages at the root of the website, i.e. a bit like the Guides page for climbing... The wholeo fthe front end needs re-designing and updating anyway so which ever you prefer let me know....

Take it easy,

Tony.

iain
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,
managed to get IKO 2 and a bit last year - it was a bit Evil or Very Mad and a bit Very Happy I'd love to set mesel an IKO 3 goal for this year or just plain waterstarts and turning to come back in!!. Someone to keep a keen eye while i'm a bit like this Shocked out there would quickly become a demi god to me. I'll be more than delighted to reciprocate - from square one for U if need be. So anyone out there want to kite surf? Larry Vin can you point us in the right direction? Folks can borrow my kit - wot an offer dudes take me up - i really would like to crack this sport its bugging me in a Twisted Evil and a Laughing Kind a way...
Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

Well I have been meaning to get some info to gether for people just like you!! We all meet at Athaibah beach when ever the wind blows NE. Like yesterday and all weekend. In the summer we all head down the coast as the wind blows like crazy down there. Anyways we all keep a close eye on eachother just come up and intro duce yourself. Too be honest we tend not to be to friendly when the wind is blowing as we are usually dieing to get out there.

The beach we use is very beginer friendly as it is a large sandy beach with cross on shore wind so not much to worry about.

Athaibah beach, Muscat The Muscat kiting location where you will find all the regulars! If you drive up to the beach using the gate you don't need a 4WD, otherwise you can drive up to the beach anywhere in the dune area. Park in the emtpty lot beside the Athaibah clothing factory. A relatively quiet and sandy beach. At low tide there can be limited room to launch kite. From here you can drift towards recreation centre, but land kite well ahead as not to interfere with the public there. Do take care as occassionally cars (and (quads) and groups of people wander across the beach, especially after 5. Please do not park on the beach!!

[img][/img]
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Thanks for that... Reply with quote

Hiya...

Thanks for that, I was green as yesterday, finished work too late to get the gear out and get to a beech... I hope to pull my finger out sooner next time...

IF you find any other stuff I can put a page together for you...

Also, any links, etc can add them also..

Tony.

Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on it. I could just send you sone HTML if thats easier
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: The universe and the world... Reply with quote

No Problems
No Rush
No Worries......

I'm snowed under at work and being sent to Cairo for the weekend so... as I say....

No Problems
No Rush
No Worries......

Tony.

iain
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi larry thanks for the info - i went down a couple of times last year - but as you say folks where busy with the wind and felt if i tried to launch id be on my own so cryed off - i was jealous as hell! anyhows ill pop along when the wind is clean.
Tony - hi i trust you had a gud summer - your itinery seemed a bit hectic no doubt ill catch up with you at the ramadan arms - meanwhile i have a new mob number -99767079. If i cant get kiting im thinking of selling up and getting back into paragliding - i just feel i have more contol doing that which proves i dont know wot im talking about!
see ya soon
Heiko
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: new arrival Reply with quote

Hi Larry,

thanks for the info on the Athaibah beach location,

Just arrived in Muscat a month ago and picked my gear out of the container now. So any time there's some wind I'll show up on the beach.

I guess I dont need to bring my 9 sqm kite eh Wink

Cheers, Heiko
Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Heikio

Ya, chances are you won't need your 9 m ( in Muscat) But it's the biggest kite you will use down the coast (most of the time!). We use 16 and 12s most of the time here and 12 and 9's or 7s down the coast. This all depends on your weight, skill and what sort of things you want to do of course.

Unfortunately this isn't the windiest time of year, but in a month or so we should start getting wind a few times a week. Keep an Eye on the forecast and I'll try to post when it looks likely for wind.

L
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Kite Surfing - General Chat All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: