Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Winter Time Is Coming....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Winter Time Is Coming.... Reply with quote

Hello folks,

I guess it is time to kick start this thing off again now that the summer is drawing to an end and those dark nights are fast aproaching.... (mmm...)

Well I'm back from my holidays, for anyone who's interested we have 1000 photos from our time in Eurpoe, New Zealand and Thailand...

The new academic year is also here and that means a new influx of faces into the schools, colleges and universities so remember to put the word out and try to get some more people here....

I looks like the Paragliding crew is slowly expanding and starting to take off (pun totally intended), the weekly treking notice continue and by all accounts I have heard,the turn out is good. Our active mountainbike group is posting weekly and I hope that I and some others will be able to get out and join you in the coming weeks.

So, lets get our diaries out and try to put some more dates together for a start of season get together, I am thinking along the lines of the middle of September to allow us all to get back from the summer. LEt me know your thoughts and speak to you all soon.

Take it easy,

Tony.

Joost
Active Activist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Monday 25th Sept, 19:30 Kargeen Cafe Reply with quote

Tony, Climbers, Bikers, Surfers, Mountaineers, Paragliders and other Lunatics,

It seems like summer is starting to give in; temperatures are going in the right direction (read: I can't wait till temperatures...). Anyway, it's about time to make plans for another adventurous winter... What about meeting all together (at least the ones that are in for it and can make it) somewhere next week to see what everybody has in mind, have a chat, discuss plans etc. May I suggest Kargeen Cafe in MSQ, Monday 25 Sept evening 19:30 hrs? Although it will be Ramadan, it should be open after sunset, unless somebody knows it's not?

If a few of you will confirm, it's set for this date.

Cheers,

Joost
6upXC
Super active activist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.

Iced cafe au lait and shisha! Hmmmmmmm!!
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Sounds good.. Reply with quote

A master stroke Joost....

I'll be there...

Tony..

6upXC
Super active activist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still on?

I know Christoph and Anisa said they were going? I'll be there.

Has anyone else confirmed?

Is there a group mailing list where everyone can be contacted directly for announcemenets etc, or does it just rely on everyone reading the forum notes?
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Tonight.. Reply with quote

hiya

Yes - still on as far as I know... the was a non-forum email that did the rounds aswell.. so yes, hope to see you all there...

Tony.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: