Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Fahal Island Swim.... own up...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Fahal Island Swim.... own up... Reply with quote

hiya folks

just thought I'd ask - who is taking part in the Fahal Island swim this Thursday? Seems like a chance to bump into other members of the forum but I wouldn't know who you all are so...

for a starter...

I'll be there - I'm doing Kayak support - you won't be able to miss me - I'm in a orange SIT-IN kayak - floppy hat and a pair of paddles witrh one Yellow and one Red one.... oh - the red buoyancy aid with TONY written on the back will probably also be a bit of a give away...

My better half, Anita, will also be there - paddling a GREEN sit on kayak, with Orange paddles....

So - who else will be there to look out for ???? Any swimmers???? Are you wearing funny swim caps with feathers on them to stand out?

Tell all,
Tony.

Paul Vlaarkamp
Super active activist

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Island Swim Reply with quote

Tony,

We will be swimming with a rather slow group and I recogn spread out. So we organised a boat and two canoe's for five swimmers.

We will likely finish between 2-00 and 2-45 hours as None of us are good swimmers and most of us hate every minute of it. But again some-one talked me into it. Our slow swimming skills will likely spread us out so we don't mind having additional support. But a canoe and such a low speed is NOT always that easy.

Team members:

Paul Vlaarkamp
Tom Maarseveen
Hand Bijen
Rudy Welling and Johnny de Leeuw

Maximum skills of all Breaststroke.

See you there.

Paul
kiwiyakker
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Fahal Swim Reply with quote

Hi, I will be there in a white Hobie Mirage Aircraft carrier (2 person ) sit on kayak. I should be very visible at the back with bow pointing to the sky and vainly waiting for the trim tabs to kick in at 1.5 knots.

My other Kayak is an Orange Sit on and will also be participating.

Cheers, Brett
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: congratulations to all... Reply with quote

congratulations to all that took part - I for one had a cracking morning paddling there and back and was great to be up the front with a swimmer coming-in in 4th - 1h12mins....

Much respect - I couldn't do it in 12 days let alone that kind of time!

Good to see Ross got a good time... can't remember it exactly but very respectable....

Paul - how did your team do?

Any others?

Tony.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: