Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Too hot for fun?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khalid_Abdulla
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Too hot for fun? Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm a student at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, and I'm quite into climbing indoors, and have done a little outdoors but would like to do more; but as you may know, it rains A LOT in Scotland.

I'm coming to Oman on a work placement for July-August 2007 but I've heard that it is too hot to be active at that time of year... I was wondering if there are any climbing-type activities that can still be done in summer? Moon-lit climbing? Caving?

Any advice; and information on the best places to seek out partners would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Khalid.
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Too hot.... Reply with quote

Dear Khalid

well you certainly chose a hot time to come to Oman.. it is the hottest time of the year and outdoor climbing pretty much stops at the end of April as the temperature soars...

There are a few things that can keep you amused though... Via Ferratas, hiking and caving.... also check out the links to Snake gorge....

It is also a time when most of us run off to colder parts of the world for a couple of months if possible... BUT you never know... some might be here still...

Keep posting and see whos around - affraid I'll be in the Uk...

Tony.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: