Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Looking for Outdoor Activities to Participate in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sameh
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Looking for Outdoor Activities to Participate in Reply with quote

My name is Sameh. This is my first semester at SQU and i am interested in Oman's outdoor activities. If anybody is doing anything interesting during the Eid Adha Vacation 31 december till January 7th, i would like to join. Also, during any weekend for short trips. I can bring my car along but it is not a 4 wheel drive.
kimbill
Super active activist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: SQU & outdoor sports Reply with quote

Hi Sameh,

We teach at SQU, and yes, we are planning to go climbing and hiking during the upcoming Eid holiday. Which college are you in? Do you live in Muscat? Maybe we can meet on campus next week some time?
Sameh
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Outdoor activities in Oman Reply with quote

Hi Kimbill,

I teach Finance classes at CCE [College of Commerce and Economics]. Do you dine at the faculty club or the staff club? If yes, how about if we meet over lunch this Tuesday sound? If you do not frequent the place or the timing does not suit you, just suggest another timing and/or place.
kimbill
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sameh,

Tuesday at 12:30 in the Staff Club would be good. If that works for you, we can meet first in the main lobby where the newspapers and magazines are.
6upXC
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to wear a red rose or carry a rolled up newspaper! Laughing
kimbill
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sameh,

I was there but didn't see you.
Sameh
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Missed Lunch Reply with quote

Kimbill,

first of all i am sorry for not making it. What happened was that on Saturday dawn i went for a jog and just returned home last night [Tuesday]. I broke a bone, fractured another, and dislocated a joint. Yes it was a jog i will remember. My spirits are high though thank god. So i just might cancel any planned outdoor activities for the coming month and a half which is the time required to remove the cascet.

Do let me know if you still would like to meet over lunch this coming week.
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Sounds hurrendous.... Reply with quote

Sameh

I hoe you mend quickly - that sounds absolutely awful... Have a good rest and mend soon.

Tony.

Sameh
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Planned outdoor activities Reply with quote

I have to say it could have been much worse. I consider myself extreemly lucky that university security on duty heard me screaming, that i was not unconscious and was able to scream, that the ambulence came within a short period and the driver [his name was Rabee] was well trained in handling such situations. I owe a lot of thank yous to people who did their job exceeding expectations and before and after to god for my being alive now and able to type this message in such a short period after surgery. If there is some thing i learned from this accident it is that we humans are so so weak.

Thank you for your message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: