Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

the navy are coming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Kite Surfing - General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egor
Active Activist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: the navy are coming Reply with quote

hi guys my squadron is coming to oman next month and i will be out there for three months we will be beased at seeb. There are two of us into kiteing we will both be bringing all our kit so would be good to meet up with some guys for some time on the water. Please drop me an email if you fancy some crimbo kitesurfing.
Whats the wind like at the between now and march i am debateing whether to bother to bring my 9m i have a 12 and a 17 bow any other advice i have kited there before but not at this time of year
look foward to seeing you guys soon and not wearing my wetsuit.
TonyR
Super active activist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Crimbo kiting Reply with quote

Hiya egor

I think Larry will enlighten you more when he gets round to coming on-line but I think you'll find your 9m is too smallfor the Seeb beach at that time of year... 12 or 17 would be better...

The wind comes and goes now with differeing levels...

hope the map proves usefull, a new website sohlud be front ending this cvery soon with all maps etc...

See you for xmas.

Tony.

Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

egor

Bring some wind with you would you!! We are in a bit of a dry spell right now but a 12 and a 17 sound good. Tony is right, a 9 is too small for muscat and you will be gone before the season starts down the coast.

Call me if you need a heads up of where to go all when it's windy and all that it a bit tricky here to see if it's windy or not unless you are on the beach.

Larry
Heiko
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: There is hope.... Reply with quote

Guys,
I had a great session on Thursday evening south of Sur. I am new here in Muscat myself but I followed the wind forecasts and yes bingo, there it was! We were on a Wahiba trip and I took my gear along... once we hit the coast it was blowing nicely cross onshore with some nice waves! I was at the limit with my 16... A 14 would have been ideal and I was a bit to lazy to get out my 12... which probably would have been fine as well.
I really hope to catch more of those spells even when it involves some driving. So anyone planning anything like it just let me know.

Cheers, Heiko
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Kite Surfing - General Chat All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: