Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Who you are ?!?!? - Introduce yourselves...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stas
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Who I am, what I do... Reply with quote

I live in Scotland, and I visit Oman from time to time (once or twice a year), and I usually end up with a weekend or so to spare. I've been up in the hills in Oman, and would relish the opportunity to see more.

Most of my climbing/hillwalking has been in Scotland, with excursions into parts of Europe. My scene is hillwalking (trekking), scrambling (easy climbing without ropes) in all types of weather, and I've done limited roped climbing. But I'll give anything a go.

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.
bzxsr
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Introductions - Do any of you see arabian tahr ??? Reply with quote

HI

I've been living in Muscat since Aug 2011 I am working as a biologist with the the Omani government and Diwan on the Arabian tahr. I'm a keen climber and hiker.

My job involves climbing and figuring out how to study and survey the tahr. My family are with me and we have been out most weekends exploring these fantastic mountains.

If any of you see and read this I'd be very interested to know if on your climbing or hiking trips in the Hajar mountains you have seen Arabian tahr (on the cliffs generally), mountain gazelle (on the foothills) or just their sign. If you have please get in touch with the details and location of your sighting, the information is very useful for planning work and understanding the current distribution of these Endangered species. Happy for anyone to email me directly on anything tahr related - steve.ross@bristol.ac.uk

I'll post a similar note in other lists.
BadgerDeluxe
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi,

I arrived in Muscat three days ago (13th Feb 2012) and I love hiking and rock climbing.
Wildgoose
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I am Paul from Austria. Primary I am experienced in SE-Asia and a little bit Russian countries, but also have a big interest in the Middle East area. Thats also why I live in Saigon with - lets say - two toes. But in near future I also wanna begin with Middle East, so I guess Oman is a nice country for beginners in this environment.

I am experienced in outdoors and do digital map development for GPS receivers. Also did some air activities which I stopped due to some reasons. But I love to lace the boots, take the ruck and enjoy the beauty of this planet.

So for the future you can be sure that I will ask some questions about Oman issues.

Kind regards,
Paul
ZARA
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! My name is Zara and I'm working as an OT Nurse in Sultan Qaboos University Hospital..Am an outdoor enthusiast, I love mountain climbing, spelunking, swimming and everything under the sun.. I am a newbie here in Oman and would like to discover more exciting places to see and hike this year and the future.. Wink
lenny
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm Leonhard from Switzerland and I'm looking forward to my second trip to Oman for climbing.

Cheers
Leonhard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Things that don't fit anywhere else... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: