Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Paraglide Paramotor Activities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> General Chat - Paragliding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaeedAGA
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Paraglide Paramotor Activities Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have been around in this forum for a year or so and tried to contact many members and check if any one would get me any information,, not sure whats wrong.. is this forum is active? or the people left the country ?

however, I have got my certificate in Paramotoing recently and will be getting my own gears soon,

What are the good remote location for flying?
is there and experienced pilot want to join me?

Thanks in Advance

Saeed
feldmichl
Super active activist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: flight permission? Reply with quote

Hi Saeed,
Congrats on your certificate!
Only did you check legal requirements for Oman?
We needed permissions from 3 different authorities when we did some test flights with paragliders here. I wonder if that has changed much?

If you need more info please PM me.

Best of luck!
Reinhard

SaeedAGA
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Reinhard,

Thank you for your reply

I am myself is confused in this area, recently when I asked about it I have been told that this is considered as an sport and you don't really need permission if you are flying in a remote area away from the crowd, and electrical poles cables.

but when I checked this forum I have noticed that people have been mentioning permissions, which really confused me I might need to research more about it

I am planning to scout some areas where it is possible to fly away from the city and yet close and convenient get to.

Thank you sir,

Saeed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> General Chat - Paragliding All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: