Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

New to Oman and looking for climbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Who wants to go climbing...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rescue
Active Activist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: New to Oman and looking for climbers Reply with quote

Hi!

My name is Michael and I am from Canada. I am new to Oman, and I am currently working and living in Sur. I am looking for people to climb with as there are none in Sur Sad I'm around a 5:10 - 5:11b climber. However, I've been out of climbing for about six months. Luckily I have some rock rings! Smile

I'm looking for people to climb with in Oman. Any level would be perfect for me as well. I have two sets of ropes 50m and 60m, two harnesses, around 16 quickdraws, a few atcs, and some extra equipment. So, if anyone wants to do some top roping, sport climbing, or DWS, please let me know! Smile I'm just happy to be here and am excited to go climb! Smile

Mike
Hamza
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow, we will be climbing in Hadash (see guide on the forum) starting around 10am
rescue
Active Activist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks!

I was in Muscat this past weekend, but if you are planning on going out anytime in the future, I'd love to climb as well. Just looking to get out and start climbing! Smile
Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey we are headed to Hadash again this weekend, we will be there from about 10 to sunset so come join us

Larry
Shanshooka
Sand Kicker!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Climbing partner Reply with quote

So as to not repeat the same Post Title...I'm new to Oman, just until the beginning of February, and looking for some people to climb with.

I'm am located in Salalah, but willing to come up to Muscat to do some climbing. Unfortunately, I don't have my own transportation. I have only my basic gear with me (Egypt Air doesn't have a hefty weight allowance on flights) including the belt, shoes and chalk (no, didn't have room for even a helmet). I do sport and trad, but because I'm a bit rusty from living in a city too long, I'm a bit tentative to do anything very skilled. Trad I'm still learning, so prefer to follow, but also up for a lead here and there. Long routes, I am very willing to jump on with. Because I'll have to travel up to Muscat, I have to plan and trip in advance.

Cheers!
Shannon

Message me or email at redeemed7_12@yahoo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Who wants to go climbing... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: