Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

This long weekend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Who wants to go climbing...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: This long weekend? Reply with quote

Well not sure after the rain if it's possible to go to gorgette or hadash but any ideas of where to climb? Dykia would be good and tiwi for a bit of Bouldering would be good too.

L
BenC
Super active activist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Larry,

Will be free fri-sat and will join you.

Didnt get back from Dubai really late the other week, but will bring some bolts this wknd - maybe we could re-bolt a few of the routes at Lower Canyon, WD.

Ben
rescue
Active Activist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry,

I'm relatively new to Oman. I am currently living in Sur. However, I've been scouting out bouldering routes in both Tiwi and in wadi Al Shab. I'd love to join you for some bouldering this Saturday. my telephone number is 96797328. I haven't climbed since my climbing trip through China six months ago (ouch!) so I'm a little weak Sad lol. However, I'm eager to get out and will be at Dayakh this weekend as well. If you make it out to Tiwi, please let me know as I'd love to meet fellow climbers! I love living in Sur, but I might be the only climber in the area Sad ...lol!

Anyways take care!

Mike
rescue
Active Activist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Dakayh and the wadi was flooded. We couldn't even pass it on foot! Hopefully it will dry out soon.

As for Tiwi Larry. I just got back from bouldering there today. Just to let you know that the entrance into Tiwi was closed to vehicles. The intense rain flooded all the roads and they are just starting to recover now. On the way back though I did see one 4x4 truck there. So it's possible that it'll be open soon. So if you are in for a hike you'll enjoy it. But as of now there is no driving into the wadi. That may change though by the end of today or tomorrow. We went in by foot and were rewarded with a a quiet serene bouldering area. Even put up a new route! Smile Smile. So I thought I'd give you the info Smile
Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya we tried to go to dikia as well..... Going to Kubra as it's the only crag open. We are heading to dikia and will let you know when we go again.

L
rescue
Active Activist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great Larry!

How was the climbing anyway?

It seems like Dakayh is going to be flooded for some time to come now Sad I'm a little bit gutted. However, I think I'm going to spend the next few weeks trying to find bouldering routes in Tiwi and Al Shab. I reckon Dakayh will be underwater for some time to come.
Larry
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say, the water could be almost gone by next week if we are lucky other wise shortly after.

We have been talking about going to Tiwi or shab for some bouldering some time soon also sawai (SP??)

I'll post here and give you a call when we know what we are doing this weekend but most likely something close as it is Christmas eve on Thursday and while my wife is pretty understanding of my obsessive compulsive nature I think we better be back for a nice dinner that night:))

L
rescue
Active Activist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha....Sounds like a good idea! I think I'll be at Tiwi and Al Shab this weekend, as I live in Sur. If you don't make it down here have a great Christmas dinner with your wife. Smile I'm actually hoping to spend the next few weekends in either Tiwi or Al shab, and try to write down each bouldering area/route I come across.

Take care and have a good holiday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Who wants to go climbing... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: