Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index Oman Adventure Sports
A community for adventure sports in Oman

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index

Q & A related to the OMC hike on the 27/28th Aug09

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Previous Hikes done
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feldmichl
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Q & A related to the OMC hike on the 27/28th Aug09 Reply with quote

Please use this thread to get your questions in. (POST REPLY)
Thanks

Last edited by feldmichl on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
feldmichl
Super active activist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: How to confirm participation to the walk 27/28th Aug09? Reply with quote

Because of certain restrictions OMC will move from Facebook to this forum.

1.) Please become a member of this forum in order to post and to download attachments.

2.) Download the excel file: Hike Participation 27-28 August.xls and fill in your details.

3.) Email this excel file to omanmc@gmail.com

You will get a confirmation in due time. Cool
Chindit76
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone happen to know where you can get hold of some fire wood? The implication from the OmanToday article was that cutting down trees at the camp site would be somewhat frowned upon, for fairly obvious reasons.

Also, while I'm on the subject, does anyone know where I could get hold of a bivvy bag (a one-man tent) on the cheap? I've got one at home, but it's a fat lot of good in the UK and it weighs something like a kilogram or two, so getting it posted to me would probably be a little expensive.

Cheers,
Ben.
feldmichl
Super active activist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: wood and tent Reply with quote

Ben,

You can find wood in wadis along the road - asking at building sites can help and for money charcoal is available at many petrolstations and supermarkets.

I have an extra tent which I will bring along. Smile

Chindit76
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. Thank you very much.

Ben.
Chindit76
Rock Magnet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stupid question, perhaps, but this is a hike (albeit a steep one) rather than a climb, isn't it? I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to come along, but he says he won't because he's not much good at the whole "ropes and vertical walls" bit. Neither am I, to be frank, so if it is you may have to count me out.

Cheers,
Ben.
feldmichl
Super active activist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: hike versus climb Reply with quote

hi Ben,
I suggest you let your friend google Idea "hike" and then "climb" and let him decide if our hike is too difficult for him.
NO ropes involved, no exposed ledges even, you could well call it a BEGINNERS HIKE.

Look forward seeing you and your friend at the hike.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Oman Adventure Sports Forum Index -> Previous Hikes done All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: